Ability to Repay for Mortgage Professionals
This self‐guided online course will provide an analysis of Regulation Z's Ability‐to‐Repay rules and their practical application in mortgage lending. The objective of this course is to provide an overall understanding of the ability‐to‐repay (ATR) and qualified mortgage (QM) standards of the ATR/QM Rule and their application by mortgage professionals.
In this course we will examine:
- The requirements on mortgage professionals under Regulation Z's ATR/QM Rule to determine a borrower's ability to repay
- How the ability to repay determination is made
- Changes to the origination and underwriting process
- Requierd pricing thresholds and caps
- Risks to mortgage professionals in the new environment