Do these problems sound familir?
The goal of the Mortgage U Policies and Procedures is to solve all of these problems. We believe a compliance manual should accomplish two things:
1) The policies reflect the company’s position related to all integral parts of a regulation. The policies are beyond just a restatement of a law and establish a framework of acceptable risk.
2) The procedures illustrate the work to be done by specific staff members to insure the policy is followed.
Mortgage U Policies and Procedures Manuals save time and money! The content is customized every time and worded in a way that will be useful to your staff. By providing the staff with a road map of compliance rules specific to your organization, you help mitigate problems caused by outdated, incomplete or unused policies.
All of our manuals are customized to cover the mortgage operations whether you are a lender, bank, credit union, broker, wholesale, correspondent, retail or any combination of business channels.
General Mortgage Policies
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Reporting (including an action take flow chart)
Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
Fair Housing Act
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
Appraiser Independence rules under Dodd Frank and Federal Agencies Guidelines published 12/10
Regulation Z – Truth In Lending Act (TILA), Mortgage Acts and Practices Act (Advertising), Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act (MDIA)
Secure And Fair Enforcement Act (SAFE Act)
Identity Theft Red Flags Policy
Home Ownership Equity Protection Act – Mortgage Insurance
Information Safeguard and Privacy Policies (GLBA)
Anti-Money Laundering Act
Fair Credit Reporting Act/FACTA
E-sign and E-Disclosure
Checklists for compliance reviews from application through post closing
The manual includes references to compliance with loan originator compensation plans.
To get your manual off the ground we conduct a 1-2 hour interview with management to review all of the policies and discuss the necessary revisions to customize the manual to your process. We make the first round of edits based on the interview and provide you with a word document formatted and ready for use within 48 hours of the interview! A follow up call is coordinated to make a second round of edits if needed.
$1,795 – Full Federal Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual Package With Webinar
• Full consultation to determine key points in company policies and procedures
• Customized policies and procedures edit version manual formatted for easy use, including checklists
• Customized presentation for 1-50 attendees
• Webinar conducted by an MU instructor or Certified Mortgage Banker
• Presentation captured and archived for unlimited future reference
• 1 year of phone support with MU instructors and Certified Mortgage Bankers
• Peace of mind that you’ve handled this right
• Streamline the issue identification and policy analysis stages by tapping into our 25 years of mortgage operations experience
• Fulfill regulators requirements to have meaningful policy manuals
• Include living content reflecting up to the minute regulatory requirements
• Can be expanded to include future regulations
• Receive a free consultation to review current policies and discuss key points of the regulations to create your customized manuals
Making the mistake of purchasing a canned template that simply replaces your name within a stiff copy of the law will most likely result in an ineffective implementation process. It will certainly result in an unnecessarily time consuming one. Taking this important and affordable step establishes meaningful policies and actually implements the procedures through education. You also receive a new, customized webinar for your staff and unlimited access to an archived version for distribution to new hires and absent attendees so everyone can quickly retain your policies and realistically implement your new procedures effectively, successfully leveraging your small investment in half the time.
Contact Alice Alvey to schedule the day you solve your compliance manual problem at 800-278-0200 or email@example.com